NYC Business Development & Experiential Marketing
Summer 2019 Internship
New York, NY
Who You Are
College or Graduate student, over 21 years old, looking for a thrilling and hands-on summer work experience in New York City. This is not your run of the mill Powerpoint-making or database-filling internship. We are a scrappy team of entrepreneurs and are looking for interns who can handle responsibility and add major value to the company. Each day will present different challenges and opportunities for growth. You are looking for an internship that will give you tools and experience to take into the real world.
This role is perfect for someone who loves connecting with people, planning events, and has an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be our eyes and ears on the ground in NYC, our largest and most important market, as well as working directly with our distributors and accounts across the US. One day you will be organizing an event with a hotel bar, the next you will be a secret shopper scoping out the competition. Your contributions will have a direct impact on our performance in NYC, and you'll have a great list of accomplishments by the end of the summer.
- Manage event design and management from initial outreach to brand ambassador training
- Serve as a brand ambassador at tasting events and meet customers
- Relationship building and outreach with press and retailers
- Research possible event and brand partners based on similar brand values and target consumers
- Manage retail relationships with key accounts and distributor reps.
- Update internal databases with accurate distribution and retailer info
- Conduct secret shopping and audit stores
- Lead outreach efforts to gauge partnership feasibility and interest
- Manage logistics and partnership/sponsorship development
- Capture content for our social media channels
- Extremely organized
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both over-the-phone and face-to-face
- Strong written skills, especially creative writing skills
- Capable of working independently and in a high-energy, close team environment
- Ability to travel independently within New York City
- At least 21 years old
Exact dates are flexible, but applicants should be available to work from Early June – Mid August
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and a short note about why you think you’d be a good fit for the position to email@example.com